When Speedgas floated the concept of outright welding bottle ownership over 10 years ago, many in the industry thought they were bonkers. Customers on the other hand, sick of being shafted by the ever increasing rental squeeze welcomed the concept and within a short time, and after much fanfare on the many forums dedicated to welding and engineering projects, the Speedgas brand became part of the tradie vernacular.
Over the years Speedgas products have expanded beyond Argon and Argon Mix gases to also include Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, Nitrogen, Helium, Special Gas Mixtures and those awesome blue go fast cylinders full of Nitrous Oxide.
There are now many smaller gas suppliers lurking in the shadows of Speedgas’ success but what is it that the Speedgas brand has, or even does, that the others are lacking and thus preventing their own market success?
Firstly, it is gas. Sounds simple enough but a gas supply company needs guaranteed and dependable supplies of bulk gas. Customers won’t invest a couple of hundred dollars into a gas cylinder if the gas supply is flakey. Speedgas is a bulk gas supplier, that is another way of saying they own their own filling infrastructure and fill from an initial liquid state on site in their two manufacturing facilities based in Sydney.
What do Speedgas do that makes them a beacon of shining light and bringer of joy to welders?
- Speedgas use bulk liquid supply which is vaporised on site then used to fill empty cylinders.
- Is an approved cylinder testing facility.
- Have Australian approval and Australian valves.
- Have been in the welding industry for over 20 years
- Have invested millions into plant, equipment and a sustainable cylinder refill system
So what do the others do that is not the best long term practice?
- They may decant from G size cylinder packs supplied by the larger gas companies. The very ones that only offer rental cylinders. When the big boys pull the plug, your cylinder is worthless.
- They may export their cylinders for refilling in Asia, this makes them inefficient and expensive.
- They may not make it clear if their bottles or cylinder valves are tested and compliant to Australian standards.
So why Rent Free Gas, why not just Speedgas?
Rentfreegas is a service that utilizes the strength of the speedgas brand and system to provide a bespoke experience to it’s customer base. “Cylinder Delivery”
Think of all the times you could go for a drive to get a refill bottle but other commitments keep you away from your hobbies in the shed, such as weekend sport, wife making you mow the lawn, the footy etc. Option 2, you ask the missus to lug your empty G sized gas bottle to the nearest Speedgas outlet in her unusually small car.
Instead of that headache, simply imagine the look of satisfaction on your face, like the little bloke to the left, right after you have placed a phone call to rentfreegas on 0404 677 187, knowing that your empty will be collected and full cylinder will be there ready to use, all within a timely fashion and usually cheaper than most other suppliers.
Rentfreegas also stock an array of gas equipment, accessories, hoses and regulators that suit all of the industrial gases, bottles and cylinders that we deliver.